Empress Care Center is excited to open our indoor and outdoor visitation. All visits can be scheduled with Social Services Director (Wilma) at the number provided below. Indoor visitors are available but need to be scheduled. Outdoor visits are recommended and also can be scheduled. Please continue with “Virtual” visits and with “Window” visits. We realize the importance of staying connected with your loved ones and encourage you to take advantage of the following visitation options. Phone Calls – Need assistance getting in touch by phone? Please call us at (408) 287-0616.
Any visitor entering the facility, regardless of you vaccination status, must adhere to the following:
- Be screened for fever and COVID-19 symptoms, wear appropriate facial covering, and perform hand hygiene when in the facility
- If personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for contact with the resident due to quarantine or COVID positive isolation status (including fully vaccinated visitors), it must be donned and doffed according to instruction by HCP
- If a visitor has COVID-19 symptoms or has been in close contact with a confirmed positive case, they must reschedule their visit
Visitors who are unable to adhere to the core principles of COVID-19 infection prevention (masking, hand washing, social distancing) should not be permitted to visit or will be asked to leave.
- Visitors in Tier 1 (Purple) counties for fully vaccinated residents must test negative on a POC antigen or PCR test on a sample taken within the prior two days, regardless of the visitor’s vaccination status.
- All visitors and residents should wear appropriate facial covering during their visit and should maintain 6-ft physical distancing. Fully vaccinated visitors of fully vaccinated residents may have brief, limited physical contact with the resident (e.g., a brief hug, holding hands, assisting with feeding or grooming).
- Visits for residents who share a room will be conducted in a separate indoor space or with the roommate not present in the room (if possible), regardless of the roommate’s vaccination status.
- Full PPE must be worn for yellow zone visitation.
Outdoor visits pose a lower risk of transmission due to increased space and airflow; therefore, outdoor visitation is still preferred.
- Outdoor visits will be permitted with appropriate facial covering during the visit and generally maintaining 6-ft physical distancing. Fully vaccinated visitors of fully vaccinated residents may have brief, limited physical contact with the resident with the resident (e.g., a brief hug, holding hands).
This is based on guidance from the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Centers for MediCare and MediCaid Services (CMS) and the Santa Clara County Dept. of Public Health. For assistance with arranging visits please call Wilma at (408) 287-0616.
We are currently testing both residents and staff based on guidance from the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) and the current community spread in Santa Clara County.
Residents – All residents are to be tested once a month.
Staff – All staff are to be tested two (2) times a week.
Contracted Healthcare Providers – All contracted healthcare providers entering the facility are being screened for having currently negative COVID-19 test results within the last 7 days.